- We can offer you a different way to explore career options based on your interests. For nearly 80 years, the Strong Interest Inventory® has guided thousands of individuals in their search for a rich and fulfilling life of work and leisure. Well respected and widely used as a career planning instrument, the newly revised Strong is more powerful than ever, with major updates and new content that reflect the way we work and learn today.
* Through the guidance of one of our counsellors you can decide if the Strong Interest Inventory® is right for you! Book your appointment today by contacting Student Services.
myBlueprint - It’s never too early to start planning for your future. Whether you’re in Grade 7, 9 or 11, it’s best to start thinking about your options and exploring what is right for you well in advance of Grade 12.Use myBlueprint Education Planner to set short and medium term S.M.A.R.T goals, plan your high school courses and explore post-secondary opportunities that interest you.
ALIS CAREER Insite - CAREER Inside is a career planning tool offered by the Alberta Learning Information Service which can help with some of your decision making as you look towards carving out a plan for your short- and long-term future.
Youth Canada - Youth Canada provides a number of services including job and education planning tools, advice about major life events such as moving or traveling, and tips to help manage your money as you begin to take on more financial responsibility.
Career Information Hotline - The Alberta Learning Information Service provides advice and referrals for your career, education, and employment options.
Job Bank - A Service Canada database of many available jobs for a wide variety of fields and levels of experience or expertise.
Careers: The Next Generation - An industry-driven website dedicated to the career development of Alberta's youth.
Alberta High School Diploma Requirements
- English 30-1 or 30-2
- Social 30-1 or 30-2
- Math at the 20 level
- Science at the 20 level (or 10 credits)
- Phys. Ed. 10
- CALM 20
- 10 credits in any combination of: CTS, Fine Arts, Phys. Ed. 20/30, or a 2nd language
- 10 other credits at the 30 level
- At least 100 total credits