THE THUNDERBIRD WAY
Commitment, humility, unity. We seek improvement every day while putting the team above self.
Ross Sheppard Athletics Mission Statement
At Ross Sheppard, athletes have respect for our school, sport, and competition. Through hard work, discipline, and a desire to learn and improve, Ross Sheppard athletes will seek to find success in both sport and life.
Ross Sheppard athletes are expected to be outstanding ambassadors of our school participating in the sport we love, and will treat other teams, referees, and everyone else with respect and dignity. Ross Sheppard athletes will recognize the value of being Student-Athletes
Ross Sheppard Athletics Core Values
- Control what you can control.
If we all take part in doing what we can and do not worry about external factors, there will be stability in the group. Athletes will hold themselves and their teammates accountable, and will remember that we are the makers of our own destinies
- Represent Ross Sheppard with pride.
Ross Sheppard athletes will understand the value of being part of a team. Ross Sheppard athletes must study, play, and work with the understanding that we are representing ourselves, our families, our teammates, and of course, our school
- Believe in the process over product.
Continual growth and learning will help guide athletes to our expected destinations. Education helps breed success. Ross Sheppard athletes set goals, and work to attain them, maintain them, and then improve upon them to further our success
Ross Sheppard is the home of the Thunderbirds, and is second to none when it comes to athletics. Just look at what we have to offer!
- 16 different sports and 31 teams
- Over 1,000 student athletes
- Multiple city and provincial championship teams
- Full-time strength and conditioning coach
- Full-time athletic therapist
Want to make sure you don't miss tryouts? Check out the seasons of play below and keep your eyes and ears open for announcements!
- Badminton - January to April
- Basketball - November to March
- Beach Volleyball - May to June
- Cheer Team - September to April
- Cross Country - September to October
- Curling - October to March
- Football - September to November
- Golf - September
- Handball - March to May
- Indoor Soccer - October to March
- Ninja Warrior - November to April
- Rugby - March to June
- Soccer - March to June
- Swimming - September to November
- Track and Field (& Indoor Games) - February to June
- Ultimate Frisbee - September to May
- Volleyball - September to November
- Weightlifting - September to April
- Wrestling - October to March
Please email at email@example.com if you would like information on our amazing programs.
Please follow @shep_athletics on Instagram for more information