ALERT: Schools remain closed to students and visitors. Instruction moves to distance and online learning.
Schools remain closed to students and visitors. Instruction moves to distance and online learning. Learn more.
High School Enrolment
How to Register a student at Ross Sheppard High School for the 20/21 School Year:
Pre-Enrollment opens March 9, 2020 and closes on April 15, 2020
If your son/daughter currently attends an Edmonton Public School
- On SchoolZone, parents use their login to access the "NEXT YEAR" tab between March 9, 2020 and April 15, 2020; and complete the information attached to selecting Ross Sheppard High School.
- For prospective Grade 10 students, if your son/daughter attends one of the junior high schools listed below, you should contact their school to receive new information regarding the registration procedure. We will not be visiting junior highs for registration at this time. However, Edmonton Public Schools is currently working on an online registration system that students may choose to access from home. Once it is ready, we will give you more information on how to proceed.
Junior High Schools
- If your son/daughter does not attend one of the schools listed above, or is going into Grade 11 or 12, you will then have to email email@example.com for more information.
If your son/daughter does not currently attend an Edmonton Public School
, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
. We require the following forms via email:
3. Proof of residency - copy of one of the following: utility bill, driver’s license, lease agreement, etc.
4. Student identification (Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, permanent residency card, etc.)
5. Most recent report card or historical grades
6. If applicable, any legal documents related to access/custody or guardianship
7. If applicable, please make a note of any special education or coding for the student.
Click here for information on High School registrations.
Registering for each grade in high school requires you to choose courses that you need and courses that interest you. At Ross Sheppard High School you are expected to register for a full schedule.
We have a number of documents that can help you with your course selection. Below you'll find the updated Edmonton Public Schools High School Program Guide, a district-wide guide to high school programs and courses, the Ross Sheppard Program Guide, which provides details on all of the courses available at Shep, and the Ross Sheppard Viewbook, which gives an overview of what is offered at our school. Use these documents to help you choose the courses that are right for you.
Annual Open House & Information Sessions
2020 GENERAL OPEN HOUSE INFORMATION AND INFORMATION SESSIONS
Thursday, March 5 @ 6:30-8:30 pm.
Open House. This evening is designed for you to see many of the great things that are going on at Shep! From our great athletics teams to our innovative CTS programming to our high level academic classes to our awesome clubs. Shep has something for you.
We hope you will come out to see what Thunderbird spirit is all about!
Check out the course offerings at Shep for next year: 2020 Viewbook Ross Sheppard
Pre-enrol in SchoolZone
Get ready for the 2020-21 school year! Sign in to your parent SchoolZone account between March 9 and April 15 to select your child’s preferred school for next year.
Whether your child is staying at the same school or changing schools, all students need to pre-enrol. Knowing how many students to expect helps schools prepare to welcome them in September. If you need help, contact the school or read the pre-enrolment handout.Parent Pre-Enrolment Handout
Update your child’s current address with the your currents school’s office before pre-enrolling in SchoolZone.
New to the Division?
Instead of using SchoolZone, students who are new to Edmonton Public Schools need to submit a completed Student Registration form. Find the form and list of documents you need to confirm your address and child’s legal name.
Ross Sheppard High School Attendance Area Map
This is the Ross Sheppard Attendance Area Map. Please use the following link (here) to access the page where the dynamic map lives.