High School Enrolment
REGISTRATION FOR 2021/2022 SCHOOL YEAR
Pre-enrolment instructions for current Ross Sheppard and current Edmonton Public School Board (EPSB) Students
To complete pre-enrolment, parents/guardians must login to SchoolZone between March 8th and April 15th 2021 (by 4pm). Under the “Next Year” tab, the parent/guardian will select the student’s school and program for the 2021/2022 school year.
What if I don’t have my Parent/Guardian SchoolZone credentials?
* SHEP parents/guardians - If you require your SchoolZone login credentials, please contact the main office to obtain your SchoolZone login credentials.
* Other EPSB schools - Contact your current school office for your SchoolZone login credentials.
*NOTE: ALL students must be pre-enrolled by April 15, 2021 by 4:00pm via SchoolZone by the parent/guardian.
Information regarding course selection for 2021/2022 will be available on SchoolZone - stay tuned!
Out of Division Enrollment (Registration) - Students NEW to EPSB
Fill out the school specific course selection form. The form and guides in course selection will be available here March 1, 2021
Via the epsb website, you will fill out the EPSB registration form.
You will also upload the supporting documents.
* Note if you are submitting a PR card as Canadian Identification, please submit both the front and the back of the card.
Click here to access the EPSB new student registration form.
While the new student registration form is available now, we encourage you to wait until March 1st when the course selection will become available, this way we will receive them on the same day.
Pre-enrolment closes on April 15, 2021 at 4:00pm so be sure to submit the EPSB registration form and the SHEP course selection form BEFORE this date.
*NOTE: By completing and submitting the registration documents, it does not confirm enrollment to Ross Sheppard High School. Edmonton resident students who pre-enroll before the deadline and who live within our designated area will not be notified of acceptance; as Ross Sheppard is the designated school.
In accordance with the Education Act, Section 4, student's who are residents of Edmonton Public Schools will be given priority admission over non-resident students.
To be considered a resident of Edmonton Public Schools, a student must:
- A student must reside with at least one parent/legal guardian living within Edmonton Public Schools boundaries. The address provided on the application must be for a residence (Section 4.1 of the Education Act) 2 proofs of this address will be requested.
- The second condition to be considered a resident is that at least one parent must declare themself as non-Roman Catholic.
We want to acquaint you with the terminology in the event that our school goes to a Random Selection. It is our responsibility to first accommodate students who meet the resident criteria.
Random Selection Explained
There is a possibility that the number of students wanting to attend Ross Sheppard High School will exceed the available space. If this happens, we will complete a random selection for admittance. The random selection process is conducted by Division administration to ensure that all students who live in Edmonton are provided equal opportunity to attend the school or program. If completed, parents are notified no later than April 22, 2021. For more information on random selection please click here.
* Students who are pre-enrolled before the April 15th, 2021 deadline and who live within our designated area will not be notified of acceptance; as Ross Sheppard is the designated school.
** Registering students who reside outside of the City of Edmonton are excluded from the random selection process.