Treaty Land Acknowledgement
We would like to acknowledge that we are on Treaty 6 territory, a traditional meeting grounds, gathering place, and travelling route to the Cree, Saulteaux (So-toe), Blackfoot, Métis, Dene (De-nay) and Nakota Sioux (Sue). We acknowledge all the many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for centuries.
Subscribe to Latest News through
2021-2022 School Year: Start-Up Information
Course Changes / Registration
- purchase a bus pass
- obtain your ID card
- pick up your course schedule
August 26th - Grade 10 (9:00 am - 3:00 pm)
August 27th - Grade 11 (9:00 am - 3:00 pm)
August 30th - Grade 12 (9:00 am - 3:00 pm)
First Day of Classes - September 2nd
- 8:30 am - 12:00 pm - Mini-registration (South Gym and Finance Windows) for students who didn't pick up their schedule in August.
- 9:00 am - 11:30 am - Grade 10 Orientation
- 11:45 am- 12:45 pm - Welcome Back BBQ Grades 10-12
- 12:50 pm - 1:26 pm - Block 1 (All grades)
- 1:31 pm - 2:05 pm - Block 2 (All grades)
- 2:10 pm - 2:46 pm - Block 3 (All grades)
- 2:51 pm - 3:30 pm - Block 4 (All grades)
Regular Classes - September 3rd
Block 1 9:00 am - 10:25 am
Block 2 10:30 am - 11:55 am
Lunch 11:55 am - 12:35 pm
Block 3 12:35 pm - 2:00 pm
Block 4 2:05 pm - 3:30 pm
Ross Sheppard extends congratulations to Justice Mahmud Jamal!
Congratulations to Mahmud Jamal for his nomination to the Supreme Court of Canada. Mr. Jamal is a graduate of Ross Sheppard High School and is the first person of colour to be recognized for this prestigious and well-deserved recognition. The Ross Sheppard community is extremely proud of Mr. Jamal's contributions to society and his success.
Bursaries for Post-Secondary Studies in French
Étre bilingue: c'est enrichissant! Étes-vous intéressé a poursuivre vos études postsecondaires en français?
Are you interested in pursuing your post-secondary studies in French? There are 850 bursaries of $3,000 available. Visit https://acufc.ca/boursesfls/
Updated COVID-19 Protocols
• Daily Health Checklist
As we progress through the 2020-2021 school year, there will always be adjustments and modifications based on the recommendations from our Chief Medical Officer and the Alberta Government.
As well, an updated COVID-19 Division Re-entry Strategy
has been released.
Please note that high schools can have modified re-entry plans due to the size of buildings, population of students, scheduling, travel patterns and school needs. If you have any questions, please feel free to call our administration.
Enterprise - Library Catalogue
Enterprise is program which can be used to access our library catalogue, search books and place them on hold. After a hold is placed, Ross Sheppard's librarian will deliver the book(s) directly to your class. Returns can be done through the library as usual.
Library Hold Instructions:
• Log into SchoolZone
• Click on Apps
• Select Enterprise/Library icon
• Click on Get Started: Log In (You should now see your name at the top.)
• Click on Place Hold (right hand side)
• Ensure your pick-up library states Ross Sheppard
• Click on Place Hold(s) (You should now see that your hold has successfully been placed.)
• Click OK
You can place up to 10 holds at a time.