- Parents must select the school that you want the student to go to next year by logging into SchoolZone and going to the Next Year tab, this must be done by April 15th, 2017.
- Registration forms are handed out to our Grade 10 and 11 students on Wednesday, March 22, 2017.
- Registration forms require a parent signature. Forms must be returned to the school in order to complete the registration process so course selection can take place. The signed forms must be returned by April 10 for our current Grade 10 and Grade 11. On April 4-6 the in-school registration (course Selection) process will take place.
- Grade 9 students who are entering grade 10 and current Ross Sheppard students who wish to take summer school can register online at Metro Continuing Education. Contact Metro Continuing Education for more information.
- Keep your receipt of registration if you intend to use the summer school course as a prerequisite for a course you are selecting next year.
Ross Sheppard registration is mandatory as students will receive timetables and important information and handouts, as well as have an opportunity to join Students' Union, buy bus passes, and pay mandatory fees for certain courses. Please click here to see the school's mandatory and optional fees.
Registration is done by grade as follows:
- Grade 10 Students - Monday, August 29, 10:00 am - Noon
- Grade 11 Students - Tuesday, August 30, 9:00- 11:30 AM
- Grade 12 Students - Wednesday, August 30, 1:00 - 3:30 PM
Following registration, all classes begin on Thursday, September 1. Grade 10's begin at 9:00 AM and all grades begin classes at 12:38 PM, in Day A, Block 1 class.
Student Fee Sheets will be available for viewing on SchoolZone by August 18, 2016 for the 2016-2017 School Year. Avoid the lines and pay online on SchoolZone! September Start-up and Student Fee Payments will also be taking place at Ross Sheppard when students register on August 26th and 29th.
Grade registrations dates are set so students can complete the following:
- Pay school fees if they have not been paid online through SchoolZone
- LifeTouch school photos and process required school ID cards
- Pick-up paid September bus passes and locks
- Ross Sheppard is a district site for International Baccalaureate programming and any qualified student may apply for the program.
- Ross Sheppard is a district site for French Immersion programming and any qualified student will be accepted into the program, provided we have the space to accommodate additional students.
- Ross Sheppard is also a district site for the Chinese Bilingual programming and any qualified student will be accepted into the program, provided we have the space to accommodate additional students.
- Incoming Grade 10 students who live within our designated attendance area will be accepted.
- Incoming Grade 10 students who live outside of our designated attendance area may apply to be accepted.
- Grade 11 and 12 students who live outside of our designated attendance area may apply to be accepted.
- The sibling exception rule applies only if siblings are registered in the same school for the same year.
High School Enrollment
Here's what Jr. High students need to know before applying to your preferred high school. Be sure to have other options in case you aren't able to attend your first choice of school.
- Parents must select the school that you want the student to go to next year by logging into SchoolZone (Starting on March 13, 2017) and going to the Next Year tab, this must be completed by April 18th.
- If you are new to Edmonton Public Schools, please ensure your registration form is submitted to the high school of your choice by April 18th.
- After April 15, students who have not yet pre-enrolled may have limited options for available high schools.
- If student applications exceed this limit of available space, then not all applicants can be accommodated.
- High schools that are over-subscribed will have a random selection conducted by District administration to determine which applicants from outside the designated attendance area can be accommodated.
- The process for random selections will be initiated and completed by April 25th. Students who were not selected to the high school of their choice will be able to attend their designated attendance area high school or any other school with remaining space.
- Students currently enrolled in language immersion or bilingual programs will be guaranteed admission to high schools that offer continuity of programming.
- Every attendance area high school offers enrichment programming through either the International Baccalaureate or Advanced Placement program.
- Contact your preferred high school or the high school in your neighbourhood for more information.
Registering for each grade in high school requires you to choose courses that you need and courses that interest you. At Ross Sheppard High School you are expected to register for a full schedule.
We have a number of documents that can help you with your course selection. Below you'll find the updated Edmonton Public Schools High School Program Guide, a district-wide guide to high school programs and courses, the Ross Sheppard Program Guide, which provides details on all of the courses available at Shep, and the Ross Sheppard view book, which gives an overview of what is offered at our school. Use these documents to help you choose the courses that are right for you.
SCHOOL FEES 2016-17
- TEXTBOOK RENTAL FEE
- MUSIC INSTRUMENTAL FEE (BAND & GUITAR)
- Bus Pass (monthly)
- Bus Pass (replacement)
- Bus Pass (annual)
- Fitness Centre (annual)
- Printing Fee (students can print their work on school computers)
- Replacement ID card (1st card free)
- Student Activities (access to school events)
COURSE SPECIFIC FEES:
- Chinese Language Arts 10/IB (workbook)
- Chinese Language Arts 30/IB (workbook)
- Chinese Language & Culture 30-3Y/IB (workbook)
- CLS (offset cost of foods classes/field trips)
- Design Studies (USB stick, bldg. mat., guest artists)
- Fashion (class project materials) $25.00
- Foods (food prep. consumed) $50.00
- K&E Food Prep (food prep. consumed)$45.00
- Photography (paper/print/SD card/guest artists)$40.00
- Robotics (project parts)$25.00
- Video (Make-up Kit)$35.00
- PE 20/30 (5 credits)$100.00
(entry to off-site facilities such as golf & curling, t-shirt
- Sports Performance$60.00
(Fitness Centre pass & t-shirt)
- Holistic Health (H2O)$60.00
(yoga/zumba etc., instructors)
- Sports Medicine 15$30.00
(Athletic Injury Mgmt. SMCA cert., taping supplies)
- Sports Medicine 25$50.00
(First Aid cert., SMCA Taping & Strapping cert., supplies)
- Sports Medicine 35$30.00
(clothing, field coverage hip pack)
Annual Open House & Information Sessions
2017 GENERAL OPEN HOUSE INFORMATION AND INFORMATION SESSIONS
Wednesday, February 8 @ 6:30-8:00 pm.
French Immersion, Mandarin and IB Information Evening at our school.
Wednesday, March 8 @ 6:30-8:00 pm.
Open House. This evening is designed for you to see a lot of the great things that are going on at Shep! From our great athletics teams to our innovative CTS programming to our high level academic classes to our awesome clubs. Shep has something for you.
We hope you'll come out to see what Thunderbird spirit is all about!
What should you expect after the open house? Click here